Acne is a very common condition characterized by lesions on the face or on the body (back, upper chest, neck, shoulders, arm, legs or buttocks). Although there is no acne cure as such, acne can be treated with topical and oral acne treatments and remedies to reduce acne outbreaks as well as acne scars.
Some General Acne Statistics:
- More than 85% of adolescents suffer from acne.
- About 60% of people who suffer from acne have body acne.
- Acne can affect up to 50% of adults (older than 20 years of age).
- 4% of men and 13% of women who suffer from acne report a worsening of their acne condition.
- Men tend to have more acne than females and their acne also tends to be more severe.
- Among people aged 14 to 45 years old, acne is the most common reason why people go to see a dermatologist.
Treatment of Acne on The Face or on The Body
Where do you have acne? Click on the corresponding button to access more detailed information about acne on the face, body acne, back acne, chest acne or arm, leg and neck acne: